Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Long Island Open 2012

I played at the Long Island Open in Ronkonkoma New York 3/16-3/18 this year. Over 100 players attended and this turned into a great tournament. Thanks to Paul McCormick who I played in round 1 for the great chess set he gave me. I plan to use it in all my upcoming tournaments.

My chess was so so at this event. I still managed to gain a few rating points. What became clear is that my opening prep needs much work. The following is probably my best game from the tournament.


I hate to admit it but I'm on the verge of shelling out for the Monroi gadget to record my games. Copying off a paper score sheet into this blog and my database of games is starting to become a hassle. I've been putting off on this post because I've been too lazy to do the transcription. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment